Reasons to Buy A Home This SummerHere are four reasons to consider buying today instead of waiting.1. Prices Will Continue to RiseCoreLogic’s latest U.S. Home Price Insights
Year One As A REALTOR ®
Over the past few weeks, I have had a fair amount of people reach out to me asking how I was doing in Real Estate. Some were just curious about my progress others were thinking about getting into it. So here are the Top 10 things I have learned after just completing my first year in the business.
1. Real Estate school does not prepare you to be a Real Estate Agent.
2. Real Estate school prepares you to be able to take the State and Federal Test, but there is so much more to learn.
3. Every Real Estate agent drives a fancy car and has a big house because they are rich: FALSE.
4. Becoming a Realtor is far more expensive than I ever anticipated and it continues to be expensive to generate business.
5. Once you have passed the test and paid millions of dollars (well not millions but it sure feels that way when you don't have a paycheck) you still have to find a broker to work for.
6. There are a lot of brokers who charge hundreds to thousands of dollars a month to use their name to do business. (Find a good one who treats you fairly, and provides you with the knowledge to succeed without taking every penny you make) THANK GOD I FOUND A GREAT ONE!
7. You won't become an instant success. The old saying, "It takes 15 years to become an overnight success" is true. This business is hard.
8. Stay positive, stay motivated, and look at what successful business (even outside Real Estate) are doing.
9. Leads just don't fall into your lap. Anyone or any company that says they can guarantee leads can't necessarily guarantee you leads. Do your research before you spend a ton of money.
10. This is the most important one: When you do finally get that client, treat them with RESPECT. The process of finding them a home is about THEM, not YOU or your commission check. Take the time to learn what they want, how different places make them feel, and what actually feels like a home to them. Be available, don't leave people hanging, and be honest and truthful...believe me, it goes a long way.
On top of a lot of my other career dreams and goals, I always wanted to be in Real Estate. (I know some of you are laughing or saying WTF?) Well, it is true and over the last year, I have been successful because I really followed step 10 and I had an amazing broker who gave me a chance, helped me through the process, and wanted me to be successful.
So in conclusion, to the ones who wanted to know how I am doing. I am loving what I am doing, and grateful that I decided to make the leap. For the ones who are thinking about doing it, make sure you do your research and realize that it is not easy and you won't be rich right away!
Here's to your massive success!
Jason has lived in the Golden and Arvada area for more than 25 years attending Golden High School and then later gaining a Bachelors of Science Degree in Organizational Leadership and Emergency Manage....